People in East Haven have been reflecting on the life of Eric Duncan who died a few days ago after a long illness. The Duncans were fishermen in East Haven and this photograph (circa 1932) shows Eric sitting with his grandfather, John Duncan, who lived in the original cottage at No.1 Shore Row. Over his lifetime, Eric lived in several properties in East Haven including No.10 Long Row. He was a time served joiner and also built No.7 Tankerville where he lived for a while before eventually moving back to No.1 Shore Row where he could be close to his boats. The white clinker built boat currently sited on the croft was also built by Eric. He held the Tay Fisheries Salmon Licence in the mid 1980s which meant he had the sole fishing rights between Carnoustie and Elliot. Despite being pre-deceased by his beloved wife Cathy and two sons Alan and Steve, Eric remained heavily involved in everything that was happening in the community. In the 1990s he built a bridge to enable people to cross the ‘Coos burn’ when walking north along the beach. Following it’s accidental removal in 2012 during the construction of the coastal path, a new bridge was built by residents to replace the much loved landmark. It was named after Eric who declared it officially open during a ceremony in October 2013. Eric was able to participate in many of the East Haven 800 celebrations and was a well-kent face in and around the village. We are sad it his loss but are very grateful for his many contributions to East Haven.