5. Feb, 2014

Coupar Angus Primary School

The childen at Coupar Angus primary school are now involved in the East Haven 800 celebrations! East Haven is one of the earliest recorded fishing communities in Scotland dating back to 1214 when Philip de Valognes granted the monks of Coupar Angus Abbey an acre of land in his port of Stinchendehavene (East Haven) for a toft to build on, with a toll for fishings and a right to use the Haven. We therefore have a special link with Coupar Angus and we are delighted that the children are involved in learning with us about our important heriatge.