Title: Meeting at Panmure Centre 11th March 2014
Hugh Scott, Davina Sturrock, Carnoustie Community Council, Dareena Scott, Sandie Wright, Claire Donald,Community Planning, Angela Hunter, Wendy Murray
Heritage Interpretation panels
At our last meeting we agreed key principles about how we wanted our panels to look. e.g large print - clear - pictures etc. We agreed to go away and look at good practice guidance. Found a document
from the Heritage Lottery fund called, ‘Interpretation - Good practice guidance’. We have incorporated many suggestions but very useful tips and advice particularly in relation to accessibility.
Following our last meeting we
have broken down the information that we want to record into six key areas - A0 sized boards. Four on one side of the building and two on the other. Wendy is meeting with the Print and Design Team on 25th March to provide them with a first draft of our content
and explore design ideas.
Alan Proctor has written to the current Earl of Dalhousie but no response yet.
Wendy has been in contact with SNH, RSPB and Kelly Ann Dempsey (Marine Life). This content will be spread over two boards.
spent discussing a draft of the six boards. Sandie Wright also presented additional information to consider for inclusion. Ideas arising from discussions were as follows:
- We have a really interesting story about the fourth Earl and a fishing boat
in East Haven. Hugh suggested that we make this into a cartoon story board format for children. Suggest we consider asking BP to see if he would be prepared to do it.
- Include section on 20th Century and integrate fishing throughout all boards. Fisher
names and boats would go onto 20th Century board
- Include picture of lobsters and creels. Make mention of crabs, whelks and cockles
- Consider more detail below brief text in certain sections
- Make brief mentions of farms. Contact Guthrie
Bachelor. HMS Peewit
- Include photographs of old coins/artefacts from fields around East Haven pre-dating 1214.
- Provide public involvement boards at our Maritime and Heritage Exhibition to enable people to contribute their ideas to the content
of the Heritage boards. Finalise boards shortly after.
- Talk to Print and Design about signposting on Board No1 (map of EH Panbride) to highlight schools (Muirdrum, Scryne, Panbride) HM Peewit, Farms, Churchs, Local place names in East Haven